Performance Flow Transformational Retreat For Pianists
Drop out of your head and into freedom, flow and fulfilment
April 25th-28th 2019, Finchcocks, Kent UK
I invite you to step out of your busy and stressful life.
Join me in an intimate gathering of pianists in the Kent countryside, where you can discover the freedom to :
- Tune out of the noise of your inner critic
- Drop out of nerves and anxiety
- Perform with greater freedom and ease
- Reconnect with your passion and fellow pianists
- Reconnect with yourself
- Feel more confident in yourself and your abilities as a pianist
- Experience inner peace and the freedom to just be you
I invite you to take part in something innovative, and the first of its kind.
This is not a luxury piano course. This is a transformational retreat.
Join other pianists to grow, create, collaborate and celebrate what you love doing together.
Reconnect with your passion of playing piano and your love of life.
Drop out of your insecurities, fears and limiting beliefs, and into a deeper sense of peace and wellbeing.
Spend 3 days immersed in the stunning setting of Finchcocks, with its collection of 9 fine grand pianos.
Experience a more fulfilled life with less stress and anxiety and a greater sense of wellbeing.
This retreat is for you if you want:
- Greater freedom and ease in your playing
- More confidence in yourself and in performance
- More comfort in your own skin
- A deeper sense of inner peace and wellbeing
- More experience of being in flow
- A chance to bond with fellow pianists and develop new connections and friendships
- A quieter mind, with more clarity of thought
- Time and space to nurture and reconnect with yourself
The Retreat Team
Christina Cooper – Retreat Facilitator
Performance Coach, Cognitive Hypnotherapist and Pianist
As a performance coach, cognitive hypnotherapist, pianist and speaker, I specialise in helping performing artists with performance anxiety. I run retreats, coach groups and one-to-one, and give talks and workshops around the globe in performance anxiety and all aspects of the psychology of performance. I hold a diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy from the Quest Institute and I am a Master Practitioner of NLP.
I am developing international recognition for my performance coaching work with artists, which has taken me into some of the top institutions and arts organisations around the world. Highlights for 2019 are facilitating a workshop for members of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, and an invitation to speak at the World Piano Conference in Novi Sad. I am in the process of writing my first book on the subject of performance anxiety, aimed at helping performing artists in all disciplines.
As a pianist I hold an LTCL in piano performance, and perform regularly in venues across London, as well as teaching piano to adults and children of all levels. I studied double bass performance at the Royal Academy of Music and the Juilliard School (2002-2006), and have since performed in many different orchestras and ensembles such as the London Philharmonic Orchestra, Philharmonia, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Opera North, English Chamber Orchestra, English National Ballet and English Touring Opera.
Petros Moschos – Piano Tutor and Pianist
Petros Moschos has extensively performed in Greece, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Spain, Switzerland, Israel, Ireland, UK, Venezuela, Canada and USA as a soloist and chamber musician. He has made appearances in festivals such as the Brno International Festival, Janacek Festival, Athens and Epidavros Festival and has performed in venues among which are the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, National Concert Hall in Dublin, Philharmonic Hall in Odessa, Olympia Theatre in Miami, Teresa Carreno Theatre in Caracas, Fairfield Hall, St. Johns Smith Square and South Bank Centre in London.
Awards include first prizes in three Greek national piano competitions, the ‘Lilian Davies’ Piano Prize (Royal Academy of Music) and the prestigious ‘Mykoniou’ Prize awarded by the Athens Academy for his artistic excellence.
He has performed as a soloist with the Thessaloniki State Orchestra, Bad-Wiesse Orchester, Filarmonica di Torino, Israeli Festival Orchestra, Fürther Streichholzer Orchester, Florida Classical Orchestra, Janacek Chamber Orchestra, Brampton Symphony Orchestra and others. He has recorded for the Greek and American Television, as well as the BBC3, Czech, Israeli and Bavarian radios. His solo debut CD was released in 1999 with works of Beethoven, Brahms and Chopin. He has also released two piano-duo CD’s co-produced by the Bavarian Radio and ‘Genuin’ Musikproduktions.
In addition, he is collaborating with the pianist Dimitris Karydis and their team ‘Piano Duo Antithesis’ has been awarded top prizes in prestigious international piano-duo competitions such as the ‘Murray Dranoff’ Competition (Miami, USA), the ‘Schubert Competition’ (Jesenik, Czech Republic), the ‘Bellini Competition’ (Caltanissetta, Italy), the ‘Donostia Hiria’ (San Sebastian, Spain) and others.
Among his other musical activities he has been artistic director of the Kefalonia Festival (Greece), a jury member at Chieri International Competition (Italy), hornorary visiting fellow at City University (London) and co-founder and artistic advisor at Heraklion Piano Festival. Petros currently teaches at City Lit, Morley and Brighton Colleges.
He has studied with Dimitris Toufexis, Piers Lane, Frank Wibaut and James Gibb. He holds a Soloist Diploma with ‘Award of Excellence’ from the National Conservatory of Athens, a Postgraduate Diploma of Advanced Studies with ‘Merit’ from the Royal Academy of Music, London, a Master of Arts in Music (Performance Studies) with distinction as well as a Doctor of Musical Arts from City University, London.
Emma Broome – Chef and Coach
After 10 years working in a high-pressure corporate sales environment for blue-chip companies involving extensive European travel, Emma recognised that although she loved her job, the work life balance she desired was no longer there. Having met her partner Gavin who was the captain of a super yacht, she quit the corporate arena and retrained as a luxury yacht chef, so that she could work alongside him and travel the world at the same time. After six years of sailing Europe, the US, and the Caribbean, Emma returned ashore and in 2016 established LIFE Acrobat where she combines her abilities to prepare healthy gourmet-food, with qualified nutritional advice, personal training and mental well-being.
LIFE Acrobat offers support to high-performing individuals, by taking responsibility for managing their wellbeing; specifically their nutrition, their diet, their fitness regime, their confidence, and their mental health. This approach frees our clients to focus on using their key skills to further their business, career and personal goals. Their ability to reach those goals is boosted by higher energy levels, greater concentration, and better decision-making that these lifestyle changes bring about. Since many clients have hectic, international schedules the service is provided largely online with timings, diets, exercises and data analysis tailored specifically to them.
Emma’s background as an elite athlete in freestyle aerial skiing coupled with her experience in mental clarity coaching gives her a unique perspective that her clients find highly motivating:
- Recognising problem thoughts, habits or routines that inhibit achievement.
- Designing mechanisms that can be used to overcome these entrenched thoughts
- Only then build a highly tailored plan for a healthy, body built on firm foundations so that it is sustainable and fruitful in the long term
This 3-day retreat includes:
- Group performance coaching
- One-to-one performance coaching
- Piano masterclasses
- Group yoga
- Group hypnosis meditation
- All luxury meals and refreshments by private chef
- 3 night’s accommodation in luxury boutique ensuite double bedroom
- Exclusive access to 9 beautiful and well-maintained grand pianos
People who have worked with me have this to say:
- Are you ready to reconnect with your true self and discover just what you’re capable of?
- Are you eager to connect with other pianists like you, and feel supported, inspired and encouraged?
- Are you ready to let your insecurities and mental chatter drop away, to experience more inner peace and clarity, and have fun in the process?
- Do you want to find your flow, awaken your inner confidence and play with more freedom, flow and fulfilment?
- Are you excited to spend 3 days in a beautiful setting, immersing yourself in what you love doing
- Are you ready to commit yourself to something which could open up a whole new world of possibility for you?
This exclusive retreat is limited to 10 places maximum
April 25-28 2019 (Thursday evening-Sunday afternoon)
Fill in the form below to register your interest and find out more details